http://orbasquara.com/
Orba Squara.
I'm still confused on the pronunciation after years of exploring this site, but I know they are brilliant.
Not only do I love the music they make (make sure your volume is turned up!), but also their visual aesthetic and brilliance in photography, typography, and graphics. This site masters the idea of making type part of the image. It is beautifully placed within the scenery, so that you see the image and type as one entity. There is also a seamless flow as you pass one image into the next, getting glimpses of this trip, yet feeling completely a part of it.
The right scroll on this site is equally unique to the imagery and it adds this feeling of being on the road with the band on this 10 day cross-country tour. I also appreciate the ability to slow and quicken the pace of the right scroll by the location of the mouse. The site seems to be infinite, in fact, I'm certain I never played it all the way to the end. This is a fete I still need to master one of these days. (Although you can cheat and forward the scroll to the end)!
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment